Scheme to reduce the petrol price increase in SA – only use local petrol, Engen, Sasol, Total and Caltex
This Wednesday 4 April 2012 the petrol price is going up with 71 cents. Which will make it R11.76 per liter for 93 unleaded. That’s ridiculously expensive and makes me want to buy a small scooter for around R3000 to drive to work. WTF is going on? Everything is getting so expensive. Food, fuel, rent and electricity among other things is going up not to mention the toll roads but our salaries are staying the same. One of these days it will be impossible to live. I can’t even imagine people with kids where they have to pay school fees and drive those extra kilometers to drive their kids to school.
Let’s maybe try that scheme where you only put in fuel from local petrol companies. Yes, the scheme from that spam email.
There’s this email that’s been going around for years which lands in my spam mail box most of the time where it says that if everyone can ONLY use local petrol like Sasol, Total, Engen and Caltex, the international companies like BP (British Petroleum), Shell and others will be forced to drop their prices in order to make any money. Then according to the governments Petrol Price Regulation our local petrol companies will have to lower their prices as well.
I’m not 100% sure how this “act” works so if anyone can please enlighten me that would be great. I know that the petrol price is determined by the government so I’m not sure if other companies are allowed to just lower their prices.
I don’t know but maybe we should just try it and see what happens. At least we’re trying something instead of just taking it from behind by the Government.
If anyone else have a better plan or idea of how we can drop the fuel price, please post it in a comment below.
1 Comment to “Scheme to reduce the petrol price increase in SA – only use local petrol, Engen, Sasol, Total and Caltex”
Leave a comment
The Latest Stuff
- Some outtakes from Gordon Ramsey in Hell’s Kitchen
- Photography 101: Choosing the Right Camera That Suits You
- BMW GS1200 Bike stolen on 22 April 2013 in Edenvale with registration WTW 648 GP. Please comment if you know anything.
- Win a one-way ticket to Mars never to come back, apply now!
- Metallica Johannesburg – All you need to know to make sure you get into the stadium as quick and easy as possible – Big Concerts
- Jozi Craft Beer Festival 4 May Marks Park Emmerentia
- Win a holiday to Thailand for two! PartyofaLifetime
- CANSA’s 10th Shavathon – shave it, spray it, stencil it or gel it!
- MotoMia Scooter review: The Java 170cc scooter from MotoMia Rosebank
- Russell Brand interviews two members of the Westboro Baptist Church
- MASSIVE HAIL STORM EXPECTED 21 Nov 2012 in the afternoon in the East Rand!
- Buy your Metallica tickets online now. Computicket and Eventshopper Johannesburg and Cape Town
- The Anne Hirsch Show : S01 E15 Zolani Mahola (Freshlyground)
- The Making Of: DIE ANTWOORD – FATTY BOOM
- The Athlete Machine – Red Bull Kluge
- Jack Parrow on The Anne Hirsch Show S01 E13
- Unlock the 007 in you. You have 70 seconds!
- St Francis Bay SOS – fire burning down over 100 houses 11 Nov 2012
- World War Z – New Movie Trailer
- Fake Red Light District tour with happy ending [LifeHunters]
- Arno Carstens on the Anne Hirsch Show S01 E13
- Chuck Norris stops a chainsaw bare handed. Ha ha classic Chuck Norris
- The 1Time liquidation situation and how to get your money back for booked flight tickets with credit card refund
- A Good Day to Die Hard Official Trailer 2013 – Bruce Willis brand new Die Hard Movie
- Please donate to my Movember page. It’s for a good cause.
- New episode on The Anne Hirsch show. Colin Moss (Halloween Edition) S01 E12
- Some tips on how to grow a full and thick moustache for Movember with Nick Offerman
- The Great Zombie Walk 2012 – Zombies invade Cape Town
- Opa Sandy Style – Two guys doing Gangnam style on the weather channel reporting hurricane Sandy
- The Adventures of Francdore is on 12 000 visits per month. Let’s try and make it more. Thank you!
- Ozzy Osbourne – Who the fuck is Justin Bieber. Interview by Mark Hoppus
- How the gentlemen died out
- A tiny problem
- Emo Adams (Actor/Musician) on The Anne Hirsch Show : S01 E11
- The new official Iron Man 3 movie trailer
- Biggest hale storm I’ve ever seen in Edenvale, Boksburg, Benoni and Midrand
- The Anne Hirsch Show : S01 E10 Francois van Coke (Fokofpolisiekar)
- I think you’re a cunt
- Traditional ghosts and sexy ghosts
- A female lion befriends a baby springbok