Yesh, so after I struggled to get the code on how to activate my Blackberry internet service for MTN, I decided to help everyone out on this subject and post this on my blog. Ok they have it on the MTN website (somewhere) but after Googling for days I eventually found it. I don’t know if you guys realised this but MTN has got like 5 different websites or something. And when you Google MTN Blackberry Internet service prepaid you get other websites that has got no solution for this. Or you get forums where other people ask for the same thing. Nightmare da da da!!!!!…….
Anyways, so I have all the answers and I’m going to post it here, all on one page! Whadup!!!!! I’m sure a couple of you want to high five me right now.
Ok SO! Here it goes. I hope you’re ready.
Before activating your BIS, make sure you have more that R62 on your phone. This amount will be subtracted from your airtime and you will have BIS for a month. Every month it will take R62. You’ll also receive an sms a couple of days before the renewal date each month to remind you to have airtime on your phone.
If you want to activate your Blackberry internet service for MTN Prepaid, you need to Dial:
*141*2# and press the call button.
This will activate it for you!
I also happen to know how to activate it for VodaCom because I had to figure this one out as well for someone.
On VodaCom prepaid you need to SMS “BlackBerry” to 100 which will also take R62 from your airtime each month and activate the service for you. This is the same as MTN and also needs to be renewed monthly.
VodaCom alternative. Thanks to @Burger
You can also activate Vodacom BIS by dialing *111# and selecting bundle purchases. Then buy the BIS service for R59.
Cell C BlackBerry BIS activation
@elaine: Thank you for the contribution:
To activate BlackBerry internet service, follow these instructions:
Just dial *147# and select option 7. Then switch your phone on and off and you’re done! Just make sure you have more than R57 on your SIM.
How to activate BIS on 8ta
If you’re on contract you need to call 1555 from your cellphone to get it activated for you. Sometimes you need to fill in a form as well. I’m not sure how this works for VodaCom customers on contract.
I hope this helped some people.
Good luck fellow citizens!
The Latest Stuff
- Where did Superman go?
- Lost in translation – Premier League Newcomer Chippa Mpengesi
- Some outtakes from Gordon Ramsey in Hell’s Kitchen
- Photography 101: Choosing the Right Camera That Suits You
- BMW GS1200 Bike stolen on 22 April 2013 in Edenvale with registration WTW 648 GP. Please comment if you know anything.
- Win a one-way ticket to Mars never to come back, apply now!
- Metallica Johannesburg – All you need to know to make sure you get into the stadium as quick and easy as possible – Big Concerts
- Jozi Craft Beer Festival 4 May Marks Park Emmerentia
- Win a holiday to Thailand for two! PartyofaLifetime
- CANSA’s 10th Shavathon – shave it, spray it, stencil it or gel it!
- MotoMia Scooter review: The Java 170cc scooter from MotoMia Rosebank
- Russell Brand interviews two members of the Westboro Baptist Church
- MASSIVE HAIL STORM EXPECTED 21 Nov 2012 in the afternoon in the East Rand!
- Buy your Metallica tickets online now. Computicket and Eventshopper Johannesburg and Cape Town
- The Anne Hirsch Show : S01 E15 Zolani Mahola (Freshlyground)
- The Making Of: DIE ANTWOORD – FATTY BOOM
- The Athlete Machine – Red Bull Kluge
- Jack Parrow on The Anne Hirsch Show S01 E13
- Unlock the 007 in you. You have 70 seconds!
- St Francis Bay SOS – fire burning down over 100 houses 11 Nov 2012
- World War Z – New Movie Trailer
- Fake Red Light District tour with happy ending [LifeHunters]
- Arno Carstens on the Anne Hirsch Show S01 E13
- Chuck Norris stops a chainsaw bare handed. Ha ha classic Chuck Norris
- The 1Time liquidation situation and how to get your money back for booked flight tickets with credit card refund
- A Good Day to Die Hard Official Trailer 2013 – Bruce Willis brand new Die Hard Movie
- Please donate to my Movember page. It’s for a good cause.
- New episode on The Anne Hirsch show. Colin Moss (Halloween Edition) S01 E12
- Some tips on how to grow a full and thick moustache for Movember with Nick Offerman
- The Great Zombie Walk 2012 – Zombies invade Cape Town
- Opa Sandy Style – Two guys doing Gangnam style on the weather channel reporting hurricane Sandy
- The Adventures of Francdore is on 12 000 visits per month. Let’s try and make it more. Thank you!
- Ozzy Osbourne – Who the fuck is Justin Bieber. Interview by Mark Hoppus
- How the gentlemen died out
- A tiny problem
- Emo Adams (Actor/Musician) on The Anne Hirsch Show : S01 E11
- The new official Iron Man 3 movie trailer
- Biggest hale storm I’ve ever seen in Edenvale, Boksburg, Benoni and Midrand
- The Anne Hirsch Show : S01 E10 Francois van Coke (Fokofpolisiekar)
- I think you’re a cunt